Family Dental Cleaning
What is a dental cleaning?
- A dental cleaning is a professional cleaning performed by a licensed dentist of hygienist that typically includes the removal of plaque build up in the groves of the teeth, between the teeth, and along the gum line.
Isn't brushing my teeth good enough?
- Professional cleanings can eliminate bacteria that is not removed by tooth brushing alone.
- Dentists and hygienists are trained to remove plaque build up that cause cavities and disease.
How often should I have a cleaning?
- Dental cleanings are recommended two to four times a year for most people.
- Your Smile Magic Dentist can tell you how often you and your child should receive a cleaning.
Is tooth decay in children a problem?
- Tooth decay is the largest chronic childhood disease in America.*
- Tooth decay in children is five times more common than asthma and seven times more common than hay fever.*
What are the benefits of a cleaning?
- Cleanings can help protect a smile while keeping it white, preventing bad breath, and reducing the chance of gum disease.
- Cleanings can reduce the chance of severe tooth pain or tooth loss.
- Cleanings can minimize the need for more expensive and time intesive treatments.
Is the bacteria in a mouth contagious?
- Bacteria is contagious and can be passed between children and adults.*
- Bacteria found in the mouth typically passes from one person to another by sharing utensils such as forks, spoons, or a straw.
- Bacteria can also be passed through kissing.
- Ameritas Assurant
- Delta Dental
- Denta Quest
- United Concordia
- United Healthcare
*Source: American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, Counsil on Clinical Affairs, Policy on Early Childhood Caries (ECC) Unique Challenges and Treatment Options, 2011
Contact Smile Magic Dentistry today
To Get in Touch with Smile Magic Dentistry Call Us at 1.855.697.6453