Children's Dental Fillings
The Filling Protector™
What is a dental filling?
- A dental filling is a restorative material that protects the tooth and restores the function and integrity of the tooth's damaged structure.
What are the benefits of dental fillings?
- Dental fillings are a restorative material that replaces damaged or missing tooth structure as a result of decay of fracture.
- Dental fillings help protect the tooth from further decay and are resistant to bacteria.
When is a dental filling needed?
- Growing bacteria releases acid that causes holes in the structure of the tooth.
- Dental fillings are needed to fill the holes caused by the growing bacteria. These holes are referred to as cavities or "caries."
How do I get a dental filling?
Restoring the tooth to its proper function requires two steps:
- 1. The dentist will remove bacteria and decay from the tooth and prepare the tooth for the restorative material.
- 2. The dentist will then apply the restorative material to the missing tooth structure and allow it to harden.
- Children and adults can usually begin eating soon after receiving a filling.
How soon should cavities be treated?
- The bacteria on the tooth are contagious and can pass between adults and children.*
- Cavities should be treated immediately to avoid further damage to the tooth and to remove the growing bacteria.
How can we avoid future cavities?
Future cavities are best avoided by consistent dental hygiene habits which include:
- Brushing and flossing regularly.
- Avoiding foods with sugar that can feed the bacteria in the mouth.
- Consistent dental appointments.
- Sealants and other preventative procedures.
- Ameritas Assurant
- Delta Dental
- Denta Quest
- United Concordia
- United Healthcare
Contact Smile Magic Dentistry today
To Get in Touch with Smile Magic Dentistry Call Us at 1.855.697.6453