Children's Tooth Caps & Crowns
The Crown Protector™
What is a dental crown?
- A dental crown is a tooth shaped "cap" that is placed over a damaged tooth to provide it protection.
- A tooth cap fully encases the visible portion of the tooth that is exposed above the gum line.
How will I know if a dental cap is necessary?
- Dental exam procedures and x-rays are used to identify and diagnose the needs of a tooth.
- Deep decay that is growing between two teeth, or fractured tooth, will often need a dental cap to properly restore and protect the damaged tooth.
When is a dental crown necessary?
- A dental crown may be needed when a large cavity is threatening the health of a tooth.
- Dental caps are specifically designed to protect and restore damaged or decayed teeth.
- A dental crown may be used on a tooth that cannot be adequately restored by a filling, such as when decay is found between teeth or larger decay on a tooth.
How does receiving a dental crown work?
- Local anesthetic will be used around the tooth.
- The tooth will be prepped on all sides and the decay will be removed.
- Dental "cement" is used to bond the dental crown to the tooth.
- The dental crown "cap" will be fitted to restore proper form and function to the damaged tooth.
What are the benefits of a dental crown?
A dental crown is designed to:
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking, hold together a cracked tooth, or restore a broken or severely worn down tooth.
- Restore the full function of a damaged tooth and restore the ability of a patient to chew and speak properly.
- Help maintain the essential spacing needed so that adult teeth can come in properly.
- Help reduce the need for more extensive orthodontic treatment later in life.
How long will the dental crown provide protection?
- Dental crowns on a baby tooth are designed to protect the tooth until the adult teeth naturally arrive.
- Dental crowns on an adult tooth are designed to protect the tooth for many years.
Use our location finder to find a Smile Magic dentist near you!
- Ameritas Assurant
- Delta Dental
- Denta Quest
- United Concordia
- United Healthcare
Contact Smile Magic Dentistry today
To Get in Touch with Smile Magic Dentistry Call Us at 1.855.697.6453